African Safari Journal of the
Year 2015 Competition Rules
- By entering this competition, you agree to the following rules and any further rules referred to herein. Any deviation from the rules and/or attempt to manipulate the outcome of the prize draw will result in disqualification. By providing us with the information required for entry, you agree to the following rules. If you win and accept the prize, you agree to our use of your name and, if we ask for them, your likeness and biographical details, to promote your win and African Safari Journals.
- The organisers of the competition are African Safari Journals and
affiliated websites. The prize is provided by Wild Wings Safaris. The contest will be conducted over several different
websites simultaneously. The competition is annual, and open to anyone except those involved in its organisation.
- You may enter as many trip reports/reviews into this competition as you like, as long as they are sufficiently different from each other in subject matter as to construe a quality entry as judged by the organisers.
- The following are not eligible and shall not be considered: Trip reports/reviews depicting the hunting of animals in any way.
- Should the quality of an entry fall below the standard required, the organisers reserve the right not to accept the entry.
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright in all trip reports/reviews and pictures entered.
- Entries for the 2015 competition must be received between 1 January 2015 and 31 December 2015. Entries received after this date will not be valid
for the 2015 competition but will be entered into the 2016 competition.
- Should the quantity of trip reports/reviews submitted fall below 60 by the competition closing date, the organisers reserve the right to withhold the prize and carry over the entries for contention into the following year's competition.
- No purchase is necessary to enter. The winner will be contacted by a
representative from African Safari Journals by the 31st January after the
- Entrants must be age 16 and over and can be resident anywhere in the world.
- The winner will be chosen by means of a prize draw. The organisers' decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition's
winning draw and organisation.
- The prize is a guided five day/ four night Best of Kruger safari holiday for two people to join a small group safari (9 people max) provided and run by Wild Wings Safaris in the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Includes entrance fees, meals (breakfast and dinner), accommodation within the Kruger Park in private en-suite bungalows, day game drives plus one night drive and one guided bush walk. Transfer from Johannesburg to the Kruger National Park and back will be provided by Wild Wings Safaris. Any other expenses will be the responsibility of the
prize-winner, including travel insurance, accommodation outside the Kruger National Park, travel to and from South Africa, extras at the Kruger National Park and any personal expenditure. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The prize is non-transferable to another family member or any other named person. The prize winner and his/her companion must travel together on the safari on the same date.
- Actual dates of the safari will be subject to availability on an existing Wild Wings Safaris itinerary in 2016. Neither African Safari Journals nor Wild Wings Safaris shall be held liable for any failure by the competition winner to claim the prize on the specific dates made available. If the prize winner is unable to claim the prize on the specific dates provided by Wild Wings Safaris before 31 October 2016, he/she will forfeit the prize.
- We give no guarantee in relation to the prize and African Safari Journals cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from your participation and use of the prize.
- We reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if, in our sole discretion, the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions.
- The information that you give on entry will be held by African Safari Journals. This information may be used for promotional and informational e-mails from African Safari Journals and/or its affiliates that will be sent from time to time. The data will not be divulged to anyone outside of African Safari Journals.
- The Organisers reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition in all media (now known or hereafter created) of reviews entered into the competition for the duration of the competition and thereafter.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter the journal entry in their own discretion to make it suitable for presentation on the African Safari Journals and affiliated websites.
- The organiser of this competition is African Safari Journals, PO Box 5078, Barberton, 1300, South Africa.
© African Safari Journals. All rights reserved
Reviews are opinions by past visitors and not of African Safari Journals.com